Sunday, August 14, 2011

When you pray, go into your inner room

When you pray, go into your inner room (Matthew 6:6)

Have you ever thought what a wonderful privilege it is that every one each day and each hour of the day has the liberty of asking God to meet him in the inner chamber, and to hear what He has to say? We should imagine that every Christian would use such a privilege gladly and faithfully.

“When thou prayest,” says Jesus, “enter into thine inner chamber, and having shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret.” That means two things. Shut the world out, withdraw from all worldly thoughts and occupations, and shut yourself in alone with God, to pray to Him in secret. Let this be your chief object in prayer, to realize the presence of your heavenly Father. Let your watchword be: Alone with God.              
                                               The Secret of Fellowship with God, Andrew Murray

This year, I have tried to devote more time to prayer, with the hope that I would become more holy, and that there will be more power for ministry. Instead, God showed me the impurities that are still there in my heart. And instead of power, I was shown my own weakness and the need for more of His grace. The answer was not what I expected but I wasn't disappointed.

Just recently, I asked God for the supernatural peace that Jesus possessed whilst he was sleeping through the storm. What I got was a stormy situation that I have to deal with, and the awareness of my lack of inner peace. The Prince of Peace tells me, “stay beside me, be near me in praise and worship.” The answer was not what I expected but I wasn't disappointed.

I invite you to go into your own inner chamber. I know for sure God will hear and answer your prayer, but be prepared for the answers which might not be what you want, though it will be what you need.

Uncle Henry
14 Aug 11

0 comments:

Post a Comment